How To Post Your Stories About Bubba: CLICK HERE

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Words from Bubba

This email was forwarded to me from my sister, Dona (Lane) Shock. She graduated with Bubba. It was written in regards to the loss of another classmate, Robbie Switzer. It offers so much clarity at this time and is amazingly appropriate right now. It's as if Bubba is speaking to everyone regarding his own tragedy. It's powerful just the way that it is, so I'm going to leave it untouched.

___________________________________________
From: Donalyn Lane Shock skylineaussies@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Robbie
To: "Robert Cline" rcline1@cfl.rr.com
Date: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 1:17 PM

Bubba,

Those were such good words and comfort, Thanks!! I didn't realize you had lost your wife, I am sorry.

Dona

__________________

Robert Cline wrote:

Jamie,

Thanks for the email about Robbie. I have read the articles and all the emails that have come my way. How sad that this had to happen to such a good and generous person. Robbie always had a kind word or gesture to his friends and even to those that weren’t exactly friendly to him.

I know all to well about sudden loss and how it effects your life going forward for years to come. I truly feel for his wife and can appreciate what she must be going through right now. I am sure all of us have some fond memories of Robbie and many of us, to many to share them all.

Page was a nice place to grow up and I can say that now after being out in the world and seeing how others grew up during our time. It was big enough to afford us many different things to do and people to associate with but also small enough that everyone knew each other. I am so fortunate and blessed to have grown up with so many of you and had a chance to know everyone on this list personally. Through the good times and the bad, I can say with certainty that I care about each of you and pray that you prosper in your lives and that the tragedies that we face and survive in life make us stronger and more able to help those that need us in their time of despair.

Life is so short even when it lasts a lifetime. Most of us are in our late 30’s early 40’s. Reaching out more often to your friends from the past keeps our minds young and our memories of those friends in us forever. The little trinket below is something I made up that helped me and the kids get through the hard times when my wife and their mommy died. We had to find a way to get through and this really did help. It forces you to take your mind to a different place.

My daughter still likes to say it when she gets sad and longs for her mom. It helps to bring forward the happiness and joy someone brought into your life and eliminates the sorrow and pain that reality will slap us with daily. I hope it helps all of you to remember Robbie and never forget the good things he gave us. Robbie will be missed tremendously by many of us, but will be forever remembered by ALL of us! Keep in Touch!

GRIEF RELIEF
Remember the GOOD times
Throw away the BAD
Always be HAPPY
Never be SAD
Always go FORWARD
Don’t live in the PAST
Your life will be HAPPIER
With fond memories in TACT

--Robert Cline

2 comments:

BE said...

that saying at the end of my brothers letter is what stephanie and eric wanted to put on the back of the cards we are handing out at the funeral. stephanie recited it off to the funeral director.. just off the top of her head.

my brother was so kind hearted and loved people.. even if they didn't love him back.

he was an amazing daddy....

thank you for sharing this letter.
belinda

JCK said...

AMAZING!!! Everyone should read this email from Bubba in his own words and reflect on what he said. Especially about growing up in Page and all his childhood friends.
Grief Relief....I'm going to learn that and take it with me from this day forward!!
Thank you so much for posting something so personal. I'm sure many of his friends will find some comfort in reading his words!!!