How To Post Your Stories About Bubba: CLICK HERE

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bubba the drummer boy

I've put off writing my memories for a couple reasons. First, everytime I think of him the tears blur my vision and I'm afraid they will short out my keyboard. Second, I have so many that I don't know where to start. I will address this to Stephanie and Eric. You don't know me, but I know your Aunt Belinda and I knew your dad very well. We all grew up together in the little town of Page, AZ. At the time, we really thought it sucked because we were somewhat isolated from the rest of the world, but as you will soon learn, Page was a sort of magical place. It was a place that was small and didn't have much to do. Because of that, we had to make our own fun. Believe it or not, some of the funnest things we did was just "cruise" up and down the main streets of town. Your dad was a blast to cruise with. I am the same age as your Aunt Belinda, so your dad had his license before we did. Long before it was legal for me to drive, I was cruising the streets of Page with your dad. Once again, there wasn't alot to do in Page so we would find spots in the desert and make our own parties. Your dad was my ride on many occassions. I had a curfew on the weekends, but if I went home and asked my mom if I could stay out later she would only say "yes" if I was with your dad. My mom thought he was the cutest boy ever! Once I got into high school, I joined the drum section of the band. Playing drums with your dad was a blast! He was so good, and he was a lot of fun too. The album 5150 by Van Halen will forever remind me of your dad. When it first came out, he brought it over to my house and told me I HAD to listen to the "new" Van Halen with Sammy Hagar. He let me keep his brand new tape (yes, they were tapes back then) for a few weeks until I was sure to have memorized the whole thing. That was my favorite tape to listen to on some of the "cruisin" nights in the little, magical town of Page. Stephanie and Eric, your dad was very special and as a teenager he was sweet, he was funny, he was nice, and he was pretty cute. He was ALWAYS a great friend. I hope these stories and memories help your dad live on for you and let you see him in the way we saw him. I am so proud to be a part of the "family" that the little town of Page produced, and as Bubba's children....you will always be a part of our family too. You are loved by so many people that you have never and may never meet....all because of the wonderful man that was so proud to be your father. Our Bubba....and your daddy. Love, Jennifer Cordery

3 comments:

BE said...

jen.
thank you. I was talking about the van halen album the other day when we were making music for the service. or atleast making the list.
great memories.

BE said...

im sure your mom has found him already and they are sharing stories together.. don't worry.. i know he wont tell her anything you wouldn't want her to know! LOL. :)

Friends of Bubba said...

Oh yes, he probably would! lol