How To Post Your Stories About Bubba: CLICK HERE

Friday, May 7, 2010

How Do I Count The Fun Times?

Aww, Bubba...it was a very sad moment when I learned of your passing...you were one of the people I was truly looking forward to reconnecting with at our reunion this summer. I have so many memories of you! I still recall the day Todd introduced you (as "Bobby")and Belinda to our neighborhood gang when we were young - gosh I couldn't have been more than 9 or 10! I remember you had a hat on and Darby and I were fascinated by Belinda - she seemed so cool and aloof! And I still love the memory of trying to pile 3 girls onto Tony Ferrando's lap in the passenger seat of your little Ranger truck - I'm sure you'd laugh at that one too! You told me to wait in your truck the day Cheyenne got in a big fight at the park in high school, but of course, you were out there ogling what was going on!! Oh that little white Ranger of yours - loads of fun times! And, I love you dearly for saving my sanity the summer after I graduated high school - we had so much fun together the 2 weeks before you left Page to move to Florida with your parents (trust me, cruising around in your parents car was rather interesting!)...You were so much fun to hang around - brutally honest about how boys think and always reminding me to "get over myself"...and ALWAYS making me laugh - You had such an awesome sense of humor that I probably should have appreciated it more! It was sad to see you move, but I was glad when you told me you had joined the Army and then sent me that photo of you holding the big machine gun with that wise cracking smile - I know you thought you were so sexy (and you were!) And I remember how sweetly you spoke of your 1st wife at the '87 ten year reunion...I knew you found someone you really loved and was very sad when I heard she had died suddenly. I got a kick out of the fact that you were gonna pay for your sins when that beautiful daughter of yours gets old enough to start dating, but I suppose it will be Auntie Belinda holding the shotgun now when she heads off to Prom! :-)...OHHH...I could take up my own blog with fun times with you friend, but for now, I hope you know we loved you, we'll miss you, and we know your sister will cherish your babies and take good care of them...I hope you have found peace...and good company that you can make laugh everyday! I will truly miss ya - Jaime (Hunka) Woods

2 comments:

BE said...

thank you jaime... that was beautiful! my brother would be laughing at the memories and crying at your beautiful words about his family. You are a good friend and a wonderful soul!

please add any more stories you feel like. the more the better is how I see it!

thank you for everything.

belinda

Unknown said...

Belinda I could add so much more!! And I realiZed in my blubbering sadness my memory dates are off...ME..I am never OFF..but I was...I was so upset over Bubba's passing that I couldn't clear my head! He was an important part of my life my senior year and it just sucked when he left Page..even though it was best for him!! anyways...I loved your brother so dearly - I have so many fun memories of him..., we laughed, sometimes I yelled at him, but, hey that is men! HA!! But, he was always HONEST TO HIMSELF!!! That is what I loved about him and what made me want to visit him this summer!! He had sent Chey and me and the rest of us his wedding photos back in 2007 and we thought he was happy...I was just wanting to touch base to see how he was doing...He was my sweet friend and I wanted to make sure he was still doing ok!!I know you are hurting and you have a whole new world to deal with...I am pushing all my strength toward you and Toni!! Please know that we are wishing you well, you have such an awesome job to take over - but Auntie Belinda, I know they love and trust you and will grow wise in your guardianship! And you will love their sadness away...XOXOXO