How To Post Your Stories About Bubba: CLICK HERE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Memories of Bubba...

It's so difficult to come up with just the right words to honor a friend who has passed. Yet, having lost my own father as a very young child, I can't express to everyone how much our individual accounts of who Bubba was will mean to his children. So here goes...

Yesterday was a day of pure sadness, but today I find myself smiling over and over as I remember the teenage boy who was Bubba Cline. Even back then, he had quite a way with the ladies, as all of us girls can attest! What with his coveted hair, contagious smile, and sparkling eyes, how could he be anything but a charmer? Oh, and of course, the pair of drumsticks he always carried around in the back pocket of his jeans only added to his "coolness."

On the topic of Bubba's hair, I'm proud to say that he chose my mother to be his personal hair stylist all through high school :) I always looked forward to seeing his name in her appointment book, and would always come up with some reason to be at the salon that day. My mom and I smiled today as we reminisced about how Bubba would always buy my entire box of Spanish Club candy bars that I had in the salon for her to sell to her clients. I think it's safe to say that he was a major financial contributor to the yearly Mexico trip with all the money he forked over for those Hershey bars. Not surprising, however, as that was just the sweet guy that Bubba was.

Thank you, Bubba Cline, for all the memories and for being the special soul that you were. You will surely be missed.

Ann Marie D'Onofrio
Page High School Class of '89

2 comments:

Liz Lane said...

That was so well-written and brings back memories. He was a charmer.

Anonymous said...

My name is Donna and I am the sister of Debbie (his first wife) I can not express the sadness that is over wheming me at this time - after my sister passed away Robert was still my family and we had many great times with the kids or just alone - I am keeping in my heart that they are now together - because I know uncondionally that they were each other soul mates - I cant -at this time- express my feelings but my heart aches and my stomache hurts soo bad right now - Debbie and Robert are together forever now and I know that Stephanie and Eric are where they need to be right now - Belinda I am your biggest fan you are their MOMMY now and I am with you and Toni forever and always I love you all sooooo much I can't put into words - I think you both know that. Toni we met you a few years ago and just loved you from the start - We will always be here because we are all family and that is the most important thing of life!! Love all of you (I know you all know that) and forever aND ALWAYS WE WILL BE TOGETHER!!! My husband and children have sooo many memories of Robert and the kids I can't even start to post - we are so devestated with this loss and thank everyone for the comments - because of family all of us will get thru this and become one Love you all