How To Post Your Stories About Bubba: CLICK HERE

Friday, May 7, 2010

Rest Peacefully My Friend...

One lifetime is not enough, and I'm so angry yours was cut short. Its so unfair that you were taken from your family of hundreds, so soon. I miss you mannnn!
I don't even remember the first time I met Robert, seems like I knew him forever. I got to know him better in high school when everyone was hanging out together more. We had a ton of classes together and what I remember most is his smiling face. It seems like he was always smiling! He made me laugh everytime we talked. *Grin*
I realized about 8 yrs after HS I hadn't talked to him in a while cuz we lost touch when we left Page, but around '96-ish I tracked him down through information (pre-internet ha!) I called 7 Robert Clines in Florida and left a few of them voice msgs to call me back if he was the Robert Cline from Page, AZ. (Chandler or someone told me he was in Florida). The next day he called me back and I nearly fainted!! I couldn't believe I found him. We talked for hours and he told me about his military duty, all kinds of things I had no idea he'd done. We kept in touch off and on after that.
I remember receiving a Christmas card from him with a beautiful photo of him, Deb and the kids. I was so happy for him and he was for me too. I will never forget the day he called me and told me Deb had passed away. He would cry and then I would cry, I just wanted to hug him through the phone. It was heartbreaking. I know he loved Deb so much, and I could feel his pain when she passed. We talked for hours, shared laughter through tears and I'll always cherish our conversations about life, , parents, our kids, families... My heart ached for him and his kids, and I remember emailing him after that, checking up on him from to time making sure they were OK. He assured me he was holding strong and doing ok. My mom would ask me "How's Bubba doing? Is he doing OK?"...
Now... I'm so sad, grieving the loss of a friend who lived across the continent and yet was close at heart. I'm just comforted knowing that he and Deb are together in spirit now and yet so heartbroken that their children don't get to grow up with them by their sides and they don't get the chance to see their beautiful kids grow up.
Stephanie and Eric are so lucky to have Auntie Belinda to step in and love them like no other. God bless you Belinda for being such a wonderful sister to Bubba and being able to share your love with the kids. They need you more than ever.
I read someone's post that recalled the drumsticks poking out of Bubba's pocket and burst out laughing; I totally remember that too! *Grin again* Classic Robert, part of his fashion statement. hahaha! I remember him drumming on the desk in classes and the teachers getting so pissed at him. LOL!!
One last thought, I just smile and laugh when I think about senior trip... its been so long ago and yet seems like yesterday. We had so much fun on the bus ride to L.A., and I had a blast riding rides with Bubba. I remember Monica Nielson winning this 5-foot tall stuffed dog thing and having to ride back with it all the way to Page. Bubba had us all laughing with his jokes about Monica and her new boyfriend! It was all in good fun, he was never mean with his teasing. Even Monica was laughing. I don't know why she didn't leave that thing at Knotts! hahahaa
I'm really happy this blog is available for everyone to post to. Bubba's children will appreciate this in the future when they're old enough to fully understand how special their daddy was, how many friends he had and how loved he was by so many.
Somehow by writing, I feel closer to him and I hate to sign off. Hopefully he's watching us and smiling his silly smile at all the love his friends have for him.
Goodbye my friend, I miss your smiling face and voice. I'm so thankful for memories and photos and all the happy times you shared with me. Love you! Wendy (Golob) Mitchell

1 comment:

JCK said...

Ms. Wendy...that was beautiful!!!!